Resolved Question: Backpacking - Bulgaria,
I am thinking of taking a year or two out from the career, having worked non-stop since 16, and recently getting divorced, it's time to branch out and see the world!
I am british and I particularly want to visit southern/eastern europe, Hungary, Czech, Slovakia, Bulgaria. This is partly as I have family roots from a long time ago in these areas, and I also was married to a Russian lady for 5 years, so feel more than familiar and at home with East/Southern European food, customs etc. Not great on languages though, just a little Russian!
I want to see if anyone else has backpacked/travelled through these countries and has any advice or information which could be useful. I intend to do a mixture of hostel and hotel, rather than camping, and I also intend to do this alone.
Will travel via rail and bus (whichever is cheaper)
Any info like:
- Is it safe (I am a 6ft+ male, reasonably streetwise)?
- Will there be many British/Aus/US/canadians etc I can meet up with over there or is it likely I'll be on my own most of the time?
- re above, outside of the main cities can you find these communities (I am not looking to meet up with pissed up holidaymakers, more like Gap year students and older travellers like me?
- Can you recommend any places or Cities which are great for Western Tourists?
- Are there any countries or places off the beaten track worth visiting?
- Other than the usual "don't go down dark alleys" and avoiding police/scams, any info about scams or pitfalls for western travellers?
Any info at all from anyone who has been to/travelled in these countries appreciated!
Posted on 5 January 2013 | 12:17 am
Resolved Question: What city in the
I'm doing a project on Bulgaria, the 2nd most worldwide tourist popular country in Eastern Europe. But It is the top ranking tourist country out of people that come from Europe in eastern europe.
What city has the most tourism in Bulgaria
Im thinking Sunny Beach, Golden Sands, Nessebar, Sozopol, Varna or Sofia
Posted on 15 January 2009 | 11:27 am
Resolved Question: What is it like to
Which regions are best,hotels beaches etc?
Posted on 23 January 2008 | 8:41 pm