Resolved Question: Best country to live in
Posted on 5 September 2013 | 12:14 pm
Resolved Question: School in Switzerland?
I have barely intermediate French under my belt, but I specialize in English. Is there any college or university in Switzerland around the Sierre, Valais area that accommodates native-English speakers?
If you have the experience, could you tell me what it's like going to school in Switzerland? How does the college education fare, and how does it differ from American-style universities?
Thank you very much! :)
Posted on 21 January 2013 | 11:41 am
Resolved Question: Why do Western historians
1) African Muslims and their Arab allies, known as Moors, created a brilliant civilization and vast empire during the Middle Ages. The Moorish empire covered parts of Europe, including Spain, Portugal, Sicily and Crete. The Moors ruled in Europe and contributed to its renaissance. Al Andalus, Muslim Spain, became the guiding light of the medieval era.
2) Ancient Moors (before the Muslim area) of Mauritania (North Western Africa) joined Roman legions during the Pax Romana and established cities and towns across Europe.
3) Dark skinned Africans were known as Moors even before the Roman Empire. They established communities and towns across Southern and Western Europe. They lived in other places in many capacities
4) Before European colonization in Africa, Arabs preceded Europeans as far as Central Africa (Congo) and Southern Africa (Dar salaamm). They converted millions of Africans to Islam. Arabs founded cities and towns. They even contributed to the creation of a creole culture, known as Swahili culture.
5) Arabs founded a vast empire as far as Central and South East Asia. Their presence is evidenced by the number of Muslims in remote regions of Asia;
6) Arabs were great navigators; they explored distant lands and traveled across oceans and seas. There is evidence that Arab preceded Europeans in America and Australia. West African Muslims were in trade relations with Native Americans from Central and South America. They even established colonies and towns. Their legacy is felt in the numerous places names and surnames with African or Arab roots (Mandinga, Sierre de Mali etc.).
7) Africans founded kingdoms, empires and civilizations without European influence. Some African kingdoms had embassies in Europe (Kingdom of Kongo had embassies in Holland, Rome and Portugal). There were African bishops from the Kingdom of Kongo in Europe.
8) There were prominent Africans in ancient and medieval Europe. Some of them were Roman Emperors, saints and Popes.
I would like to know if the suppression of African, Moorish or Islamic presence or influence is like to the following factors
1) the Crusades where Christian Kings become Muslims bitter enemies;
2) A revenge against the Moors after their defeat in 1492;
3) A revenge over the Arab and Barbary Slave trade;
4) Imperialist motivation (replacement of Arab imperialism with European imperialism)
5) Religious proselytism (increase the number of Christians and decrease the number of Muslims)
6) Propaganda in order to justify European colonialism and imperialism and the White Supremacy Myth.
7) Propaganda in order to hide the influence and presence of dark skinned Africans who went from Noble Maures to Stupid Negroes during the Transatlantic Slave Trade and colonization of Africa.
Posted on 14 May 2012 | 7:10 pm
Resolved Question: R.I.P to the 22 children
22 died 24 survived, as the bus entered a tunnel in Sierre, Switzerland - it crashed into a wall killed 22.
they just showed the wreckage of teh bus on the telly....horrible.
Those at the front had no chance but were also the only ones who saw first hand what happened. But they perished in the accident.
Posted on 14 March 2012 | 8:43 am
Resolved Question: What is the closest town
My brother will travel to Montana in Switzerland What is the closest town to Montana??
Posted on 27 January 2012 | 4:04 am