Resolved Question: Vietnam veterans, history
I am writing a story and a portion of one of the characters' history takes place in 1972 during the Vietnam War. He is an aircraft structural repairer and I need a feasible conflict in this chapter. Tentatively he is a part of the 604th TC at Camp Holloway, Pleiku, Vietnam during the Easter Offensive. North Vietnamese Mig-17s ambush the camp. There is some pre-existing, and life-threatening damage to the UH-1 that needs to take off. I need input on two issues. 1.) What would be a pressing reason for the helicopter to launch as soon as possible? 2.) What kind of life-threatening damage is repairable within a few short minutes?
This is only for one chapter, so forgive me for writing on a topic I really know nothing about, but I'm good at improving as long as I have some good basis for the conflict.
Posted on 25 January 2013 | 7:51 am
Resolved Question: US History - The Vietnam
5. The domino theory was one of the main reason America got involved in Vietnam in the first place. true or false
9. Who fell to the Khmer Rouge in April 1975?
d. South Vietnam
11. Lieutenant William L. Calley, Jr. did not have to serve his life sentence for the My Lai Massacre, instead his sentence was reduced to 3 years on strict house arrest. true or false
12. In February 1965, eight Americans were killed and 126 were wounded by a Viet Cong attack in South Vietnam at ________.
c. Da Nang
13. The student revolution had its first altercation in September 1964 at ___________.
14. ___________ said that America would not stand by like “a pitiful helpless giant” and watch the Viet Cong attack South Vietnam from Cambodia.
15. In November ________, with the encouragement of the United States, military leaders staged a coup and seized control of the government of South Vietnam from Diem.
Posted on 23 January 2013 | 11:21 pm
Resolved Question: The
......(Cont) throughout South Vietnam
A. Iron Triangle
D. My Lai
Posted on 30 October 2011 | 2:38 am
Resolved Question: Elephants in North and
So, I am going to Vietnam late Next year for world challenge with school for a month.
We either fly in AND out of Hanoi OR Ho Chi Minh. The people I want to go with want to go North (Hanoi) because they want to go to Ha Long bay.
I really want to do that as well, but I REALLY need to have contact with an elephant some time. I love elephants and I wouldn't be able to stand going to a country with elephants and NOT seeing one!
So, does anyone know any places in North Vietnam where there are elephants? I've done my research and there doesn't seem to be but this is just the last ray of hope.
We are going down as far as Hoi An, then heading back up to the Sapa area and Ha long Bay.
Maybe we could make the journey further down, but that would be too much of our time travelling and I don't think people would be very happy about that.
Does anyone have any suggestions for how the whole group can see or ride elephants in Northish Vietnam?
I want to see amazing animals in my travels.
If I could ride an elephant, my life would be complete.
Posted on 22 June 2011 | 3:31 pm
Resolved Question: A question on Vietnam?
I was just wondering if there are any websites where i can find what the public's and media's reaction was to the Pleiku airbase attack in 1963?
Posted on 5 November 2010 | 5:51 am